25 July, 2007

Downtown KK

The main road that crosses KK city centre is the road shown on the photo. Accidentally, the sea was up to this point many years ago. But then some sea reclamation works were done. So, everything to the left of the road on the photo used to be the sea. The white building to the rights used to be KK's wet market. When I was a little boy (yeah, I am that old), I remember getting lost in the market. Thankfully, there were no worries about child abduction or killings you hear today. Otherwise, I am not so sure where I’d end up then. The white building has since been turned into a supermarket and then a departmental store. It’s now known as Milimewa, the name of the supermarket-departmental store in it.

On another note, I am off to a town on the East Coast of Sabah on this weekend, Saturday and Sunday. It's a last minute thing. I hope I can post something between now and Monday. Otherwise, I'd have to go beyond my limit of triple post day. Hopefully not.

No comments: